Thursday, June 18, 2009

Single Ladies

Negative Nancy from yesterday is gone and optimistic Elizabeth is back!

I switched my placement today and this morning went with one of the other volunteers, Logan, to an all girls private school--Mercedes I liked it SO much better. Just walking into the place instantly made me feel more calm. We were greeted by the school´s assistant head and he enjoyed talking with us for a long time. I practiced my Spanish and am feeling more and more confident everyday. He was interested in why I don´t teach my students to read and write in Spanish (because they are just learning to do this in English). I did reassure him that they begin learning to speak Spanish.

Normally, we would be teaching English, but today they were busy getting ready for their Father´s Day celebration tomorrow. Thus, Logan showed me around the school and we enjoyed speaking with the little girls. The would surround us when they saw us and were eager to talk to us (though many were shy at first).

I think this will be a much better place for me and I am looking forward to the next two weeks there.

Single Ladies, Beyonce

2 comments:

  1. School named MERCEDES. Now we're talkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore reading about all of your adventures, Elizabeth. Take good notes!

    ReplyDelete